Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
Renunciation of the North Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
Renunciation of the North Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
Renunciation of the North Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
Renunciation of the North Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
Renunciation of the North Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Renunciation of the North

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

Glory : 11

Renunciation of the North Empty
PostSubject: Renunciation of the North   Renunciation of the North EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 11:11 am

The Great Hall and other buildings stood tall and proud, pieces of human innovation protecting those within them from the harsh forces of Nature that surrounded them. Once, Psyre would have thought these buildings an affront. He would have thought that people should live in harmony with Nature, that people had no place making such things. After his time with Avlan, however, he had changed his mind. People using the things Nature provided, such as wood, stone and metal to build and create, refining natural gifts with human innovation, was perhaps the most beautiful thing to him. The things of which humans were capable were amazing. These people seemed so much more advanced than the tribes, their buildings stronger, their weapons sharper, but in practice, the tribe cared for all its members. These people allowed some to wallow in poverty while others rejoiced in luxury. These people allowed one another to become hurt and to die. And it was accepted as a way of life. Psyre had never been so disappointed. This was why he was no longer a Northerner. This was why he refused to be a part of any country. This was why he had joined the Order.

Psyre steps grew faster and stronger as he thought, his resolve driving him forward. When he reached the Great Hall, he moved past the guards without a word, striding toward the Throne Room. It would have been easy to find even if he hadn't already known where it was, so he reached it in no time. He pushed through the doors and strode into the almost cavernous chamber. "King Cedric!" Psyre's voiced echoed, strong and filled with determination. His voice became softer as he approached the throne. He spoke loudly enough that Cedric and his guard would be able to hear him, but not so loudly that any others who happened to be in the room would be able to as well. "I have news about the Order, as you requested: they are no terrorist organization. They are a brotherhood devoted to bringing about a good society. They operate on a grand scale, far beyond the Lands. They are the future. And I am one of them." Psyre's heart was racing, but his words were inspired and full of hope for days to come. "I am no longer a citizen of your land, so if you do not wish to pay me for my completion of your mission, that's fine. But consider this a warning. If you persecute my new family, I will come for you. If, on the other hand, you are willing to allow us to thrive here, then we may find ourselves able to live in prosperous harmony. If you should choose the latter, we have a long conversation ahead. If you choose the former... Well, you may not have a head." 

This was it. Psyre had made his choice. If Cedric would allow the Order to operate in the North, they could reach some sort of understanding. Perhaps the two could even become friends once again. Psyre didn't want anyone to get hurt. And he wanted to regain the friendship he had once had. Even if it couldn't ever be quite the same, he missed Cedric. "Ced..." Psyre's voice was barely a whisper. "Cheeky, please make the right choice. I don't want to lose any more family."

((I have no clue what's going on with Cedric, as he, like Ivan, seems to be in the North and the East, so if you can't reply to this until you get back from the East, that's cool. I don't know how that's working at the moment.))
Back to top Go down
Cedric
Cedric

Glory : 3

PostSubject: Re: Renunciation of the North   Renunciation of the North EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 11:29 pm

"Sir, you have to stop flirting with me," Griffin watched Cedric as he laid himself out on the floor, refusing to fill out any more paper work. "You'll get my hopes up again." Cedric lifted his head slightly from the floor, sighing as he pushed himself up enough to be sitting.

"How am I flirting this time?" Cedric rubbed his head, unwillingly remembering how many farm animals have been stolen. Honestly, who knew this was such a problem? If he had to fill out even one more report, he'd go and kill the thieves himself.

"If you lay like that I might just swoon," Cedric looked over to Griffin, chuckling at the deadpan face he was met with.

"Griffin, you know you'll always have my heart." 

"You mean it, Sir?" Griffin placed his heart over in chest in mock awe. "Why, I must send my mother a letter right away!" The both stared at eachother for a few seconds, then burst into laughter.

"Are you sure you're a guard and not an actor?" Cedric heaved out while wiping his tears away. "I'd almost believe you if it weren't for the 'Sir'. You should really drop that. Everyone else just calls me Cedric."

"Ah, but Sir, if I call you by your true name I'll be in danger of falling for you."

"Yeah right, seriously why do y-" Cedric's response was interrupted by the doors slamming open, and Psyre coming in with a shout.

"King Cedric!" At the shout, Griffin stepped closer to Cedric.  "I have news about the Order, as you requested: they are no terrorist organization. They are a brotherhood devoted to bringing about a good society. They operate on a grand scale, far beyond the Lands. They are the future. And I am one of them." Cedric nodded a bit to himself, and motioned for Griffin to follow him as he walked closer to Psyre as he continued his speech. "I am no longer a citizen of your land, so if you do not wish to pay me for my completion of your mission, that's fine. But consider this a warning. If you persecute my new family, I will come for you. If, on the other hand, you are willing to allow us to thrive here, then we may find ourselves able to live in prosperous harmony. If you should choose the latter, we have a long conversation ahead. If you choose the former... Well, you may not have a head." Cedric tilted his head a bit, no longer a citizen of the land? Well, that didn't bother him at all. He had to stop himself from chuckling at the no head bit, that was pretty clever.

"Ced..." Cedric stopped walking, shocked at hearing a....nickname? "Cheeky, please make the right choice. I don't want to lose any more family." Cedric couldn't help but smile, like an actual smile. Not one of his flirtatious or forced smiles, he was actually smiling.

"First of all, of course I'll pay you," Cedric reached out and gave Psyre the rest of his pay ((-30 gold)). "I have no intention of going against anyone who doesn't mean to harm the North, I don't care. They sound like a noble organization, and I'd be happy to welcome them..." Cedric glanced over to Griffin who gave him a small nod. Griffin had really been helping Cedric been keeping it together, he'd been there for Cedric and knows how hard being genuine is for him. Cedric smiled slightly at the man, and turned to look Psyre in the eyes once again. "Especially if you're one of them," Cedric hesitated. He was about to call him son again, but he wasn't sure if he could do that. "Sorry. I was about to call you son, I'm not sure if that's allowed right now." Cedric turned away slightly. "You've never lost any family with us, and I promise you never will.

I know I was wrong about Zanthro, but I had my reasons for not telling you. They were stupid and selfish, but I didn't realize it. I'll tell you right now, I'm an assassin. I'm known around the lands for it, and that's how I came to know of Zanthro's location." Cedric turned back to Psyre, searching his face for a reaction. "I met an old friend, one I had back at the orphanage. I had thought him to be dead, but he had survived. I discovered he was entangled with Zanthro, and I took his place over at the docks. I hadn't thought of sending you a message, and I'm sorry. I've never claimed to be a good man, Psyre." Cedric gave an empty chuckle. "I never meant to hurt you. I'm sorry."

"If I can chime in," Griffin spoke up a bit, causing Cedric to look over at him. "The King is in fact an idiot."

"No one asked you, Griff." Cedric snarked back. He looked over at Psyre, smiling again.

"This is Griffin, he used to guard my bed chambers. I'm not sure if you've met."
"I'm not attached to being king, or being in control. What you described with the Order sounds like something I've been dreaming of since I was a young orphan, dreaming of becoming like The Dragon," Cedric smirked at the memory. "I've always thought I was destined to help his cause somehow, if that makes sense. I was left with a book about him, you see. Anyway, I'm in full support of you and your new family, granted that we can also remain family if you're not appaled by my past."
Back to top Go down
http://thermodymagic.tumblr.com
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

Glory : 11

PostSubject: Re: Renunciation of the North   Renunciation of the North EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:23 pm

((I'm sorry this post is so meh, I just wanted to reply so I could close up the topic... it's been so long since I posted that I'm kind of floundering in my attempts to remember where I had Psyre's mindset at this point, so this is gonna be mediocre at best...))

Psyre was every bit as confident and defiant as he had been when he had strode in, but now he was also elated. Cedric had once again proven himself to be better than the single incident. The single incident with Zanthro had been a rather colossal mistake, but Ced was certainly more than that. Psyre took the gold, happy that he was getting money ((I'll add in the gold after exit is approved)), but more happy that Cedric had chosen to pay him. That showed the kind of regard for people -rather than merely title, throne, or power- that Psyre considered most vital in a leader. Beyond that, Ced had been willing to try to right his wrong immediately. He was definitely better than Psyre had been had been treating him.

But. That didn't mean he was ready to be treated so familiarly again. Not quite. Perhaps with time, if they continued to have good times together, Psyre would be ready for that again. Or perhaps he'd prefer to move on to a different kind of friendship, one in which he was less dependent on Ced and instead the two worked together for the mutual benefit of all those they represented. The North and the Order, side by side. It was a picture Psyre quite liked. He'd have to bring David to the Great Hall sometime and introduce Ced and David, as he felt like the partnership would be good for all involved.

Psyre cleared his head of business and smiled at the king and his guard. "Nice to meet you, Griff. As you might have gathered, I'm Psyre." He extended his hand in a friendly fashion. "Ced, I don't know if I'll ever be your son. I am myself, and I don't need anyone to depend on as a son would a father. I don't want you to be some figure far above me, trying to shelter and guide me. I want you to be beside me. I want you to be my friend. The reason that we had this falling-out in the first place was that you tried to protect me, so don't do that anymore. Instead of trying to fight for me, fight with me." Psyre stepped toward the king with his arms extended for a hug. "We'll always be family, but that means so much more than some kind of petty connection. Our bonds shall be forged in the blood of our foes and the joys of our people. We'll be so much more than father and son."

After the emotional exchange, Psyre took a moment to calm his breathing and his voice. "Okay, I have a mission to complete, so I'd best be off. I'll keep in touch, and hopefully you'll get a chance to meet the leader of the Order soon enough. Until then, thank you and fare well."

[Exit]

((1027 IC words, so 20 attribute points. Requesting:
No attribute points
1 inscription of Rupture of Flame on Psyre's right arm (400 words remaining)
400 words toward another, this one on his left arm

+30 gold))

Last edited by Psyre Dragnil on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Text color, whoops!)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: Renunciation of the North   Renunciation of the North EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Approving Psyre.
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renunciation of the North   Renunciation of the North Empty

Back to top Go down

Renunciation of the North
Page 1 of 1