Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Empty
PostSubject: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:18 pm

David and Sven had crossed the river, following the tracks of the troll, and believed that the monster was very close by then. However, before making the final move, they would wait for the others to arrive. The more, the better of a chance they had at killing the troll quickly and efficiently.

(Sorry it's so short, bit pressed for time. Also, this fight will probably be insanely easy, because Sam is level 500+, and both Sven and David are about 300, but the troll is only 900.)
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

Glory : 3

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:34 pm

Ivan and Edgar had just waded through the river, something few had done. Edgar shivered a bit, he wasn't terribly used to the cold but he tried to act as tough as he could around Ivan. Ivan was the type of guy that you really didn't want to disappoint. Ivan stood looking off into the distance, lost in though. He couldn't believe that he had crossed in to the land where supposedly runes had been created, even though he had little respect for those who used magic and runes, it was still very mind blowing to be in the place were the things had originated from. Who knew what they were going to encounter in this land besides the troll. Ivan was roused from his thoughts when Edgar shook his shoulder saying, "Ivan we should get going" Ivan shook his head, and then nodded, motioning for them to get going. 
       Edgar fell in to step behind Ivan watching his lord very carefully, Ivan had been acting strangely ever since they had set out to cross the river. Meanwhile Ivan was watching his surroundings carefully, making sure that nothing was going to pop up at them. Ivan stopped as he noticed something up ahead on the path like thing they were walking on. When he finally noticed that it was just Sven and David, he smiled and the walked briskly toward them spreading his arms and hailing the hunters, "Ah my good hunters how nice it is to see you in this fine place"
Back to top Go down
Vorin Duros
Vorin Duros

Glory : 0

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Vorin followed a short ways behind group. Unlike Ivan, who seemed to think wading was the way to go, and Edgar, who of course followed his King unquestioningly, Vorin decided to walk (and climb) across a group of rocks some short ways off- the River was undoubtedly cold, and the temperature below freezing, so getting wet would be miserable, especially in these robes. He rejoined the others on the far side with a curt nod and a brief, judgmental look at Ivan. After that, he waited silently for Psyre to rejoin the group- curios that he was behind, as he seemed to know these woods very well- and he turned his attention to the land. It didn't feel physically different, at least not yet, but there was a certain chill in knowing that he had crossed a border that very few humans ever do cross. He had remembered by now why it was so revered, as it was where runes were created. Vorin's memory of information had been returning over the last few days- what had it been, a week? Vorin felt almost like a newborn child, born seven days ago, and now information was flooding back into his memory. He knew quite a lot about this world that he lived in, but yet, he knew almost nothing of himself. He knew it was too soon to panic- not that panicking would do any good. He would, he reckoned, be rather lucky if his memories ever came back at all. Some people like this probably lived the rest of their lives not remembering anything at all.
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 pm

(Will wait for Sam to post before kicking this off)
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

Glory : 11

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 1:59 am

The River meandered its way to the ocean, the frigid water deceptively slow. If one didn't know better, it would be easy to trick oneself into thinking that the River wasn't dangerous. Having crossed it several times by now, Psyre knew that it, in and of itself, was not dangerous at all. In fact, it posed almost no threat to anyone. As long as one forded where the water was shallow, it was perhaps a bit slippery, but one only ran the risk of falling and getting wet. One was not certain to get wet, which made it quite a bit better than Ivan's way, as the biting cold did not show mercy to wet skin and gear, and one did not run the risk of hurting oneself if one were to fall, which made it quite a bit better than the stranger's way. Psyre tried to remember the man's name, but none came to mind. That was odd. He resolved to remedy the issue at some point. Psyre watched his new companions cross and smiled faintly at their different routes. It said quite a lot about the two. Ivan took the direct route, wasting no time in looking around for another means of crossing. It was brash and not exactly the best idea, but the kind was confident, believing in his own strength. The other man, however, went across some rocks. Without knowing of the shallow patch over which travel was easy, finding that route was probably the best way to cross.

Psyre knew about the shallow patch, and he had traversed it before. His ventures there, learning about what "rune chasers" had done were some of his favorite experiences. He had almost died more than once, but he had come to understand some of what Polaris, the tribe from which he suspected his originated, and that made it easily worth it in his mind. The River swirled in front of him, pulling him back to the section he would crossing. He jogged across it, occasionally using his staff to make sure he didn't fall. The staff was far inferior to the swords he had made, so it was used almost solely for the utility benefit of a walking stick. And when he didn't want to hurt who- or whatever he was fighting too much. The River flowed calmly under Psyre, and the current, though weak, almost pulled his feet from the stones on several occasions. His quick reflexes and staff kept him from falling, and he crossed the River in a flash. The others were standing together on the far side, waiting for him to join them, and he walked over to them. As he walked, he stowed his staff, tying it to the pack he wore. It thumped against the pack as he walked, making more noise than he would have liked, but it was only a muffled thump, barely audible from even five feet away. He reached the group and nodded to each of the members, looking at Ivan and his squire with concern. "Do you guy maybe want to try to dry off? I don't think you'll want to fight the cold while you fight the troll. It's a battle you'd be hard-pressed to win. We can start a fire and keep guard for a bit, if that's something you'd like."

Psyre recalled his last time coming to the far side with someone else. The same thing had happened, and they had been set upon by wolves almost immediately upon breaking camp. As he thought of that, he had a horrible thought. "Um... David.. Will the troll scare away wolves and rune wolves? Because I'd hate to try to fight all of those at the same time." He was getting nervous again, but he thought of why he was hunting the troll and his heart began to slow. He was out here because it was what he wanted to do. His part in the North. His job, the thing he contributed to the function of society. It was almost like he was in the tribe again, doing his job as he normally would.

"Oh! Also, completely unrelated, forgive me," Psyre said, turning to the strange man who had inscribed runes on himself, "but I don't believe I caught your name." Psyre extended his hand, his bare forearm covered in a large black marking that looked like an intricately knotted rope. It wound around his arm, covering both sides, and was far too prominent to go unnoticed. Another just like it was on his other arm, also exposed to the chill air. "I imagine that you're rather thrilled to be here, at the place one can observe Runes. It's a strange feeling. I always feel rather insignificant here. I, a mere mortal, stand amongst the Runes, the unspoken language of the universe. Something found across Nature, with no beginning or end..." Psyre's voice softly trailed off, his awe readily apparent. No matter how many times he came here, the place amazed him. On the bright side, if things didn't go well in the fight, at least he'd have a beautiful and awe-inspiring resting place. Well, until wolves ate him, anyway.

((Sorry this is so long, guys, I just had to include some references to the story and such... I couldn't resist. Plus, Psyre is actually descended from one of the most prominent rune chasers, so I kinda felt compelled to... Anyway, yeah, sorry about that.))
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:11 pm

(...)
"Well, it is good to see another being here," Sven said, watching the group of four approach, from all different directions.

The boy, the northern boy, once again had questions for the two hunters, though this time it was only one.

"The north," David said, "is not an unthinking land, as strange as it sounds. The creatures here do not pose uneven fights unless you do first. This troll, however, has distanced its self from the rest of nature it seems, by killing spontaneously. I do not think it will find any aid, even if the fight is strongly in our favor."

"Well (this is me not having good ideas and jumping to combat quickly), if that's all you have to ask," Sven said, "then we best get moving. I suspect the beast is not very far away."

And nor was it (wow, I am really tired, and can't write at all today. I'm sorry, guys). The troll was only about a hundred feet away, doing whatever trolls do. I promise my next post will be better. Sleep is a thing that has not happened.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Ivan watched as the other two members of their band arrived both toke different paths and ones that he wouldn't have thought of. As usually Psyre launched into a whole bunch of questions. He asked Ivan and Edgar if they wanted to dry off, Ivan felt fine, a bit cold were the wet clothing touched his skin but it didn't bother him as he was very eager and intent on killing the troll. "I'm good, though Edgar might want to" As Ivan said this he turned to Edgar awaiting his response, "Edgar always trying to impress his lord replied, "No, not at all sir" Really Edgar was rather cold but he was sure that when the fighting began he would warm up rather quickly. Ivan nodded and turned back to the group. Psyre was talking to the other man about this place and Ivan felt the same type of awe that the kid seemed to get from this place, a place untouched by time, the oldest place in the world.  I suspect the beast is not very far away." Ivan heard David say, Ivan turned and looked around the group, it didn't take him long to spot the troll, a huge lumbering shape only one hundred feet away. "Well I think I found it" Ivan said in a quite voice, trying not to draw attention, but still attempting to let all of their group know of his discovery, "So what's the Plan?"

((A bit short, just didn't want to start combat with out a plan and last post wasn't terribly descriptive (No offense Jasper)))
Back to top Go down
Vorin Duros
Vorin Duros

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Vorin took shook Psyre's hand with his own rune covered arm, trying to recognize the pattern of Psyre's runes. He was slightly frustrated that he didn't know- it should have been a simple thing to remember.
        “Vorin Duros,” He said. “and you are?”
        It was then that Vorin caught sight of the troll, just as Ivan did. He shifted uneasily. He switched his staff to his right hand. He mentally prepared himself, going over his spells in his head. [Yes, all two of them.] Soon he would come face to face with the beast- well, hopefully not face to face, hopefully he would be quit a distance away, where he could do more than just be a very weak meat shield. Ivan asked what the plan was. Vorin wasn't aware of the plan. This was bad. Vorin very much wanted there to be a plan. He turned to Ivan, responding to his question with some useless information. 
        "I don't know," Then a pause of one second, and a short, nervous laugh. "There is a plan, right?"
        Vorin guessed that these people were probably competent, but he felt that he wasn't and that made him panic. Just breath, he told himself. It would be embarrassing to forget to do that and pass out.

Last edited by Vorin Duros on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot that Psyre tried to talk to me)
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:24 am

Psyre looked at the knight and his squire with concern. They might have said they were fine, but that didn't make it true. This cold, regardless of whether or not they felt it, could freeze the water that had worked its way through any and every chink in their armor. Their armor could freeze to their bodies and their limbs could stop working. Psyre had tried. If the king happened to be stubborn enough that he didn't care, that was his call. The king was strong, Psyre remembered that from the fight with the bandits, but one can't fight the cold. He silently hoped for the best. Them surviving was certainly better for the group as a whole. And, of course, he didn't want them to die.

The troll loomed in the distance, a huge, hulking form. Psyre tried to use reason to get past the fear. "Sven, you said you could take the charge, right? I don't think any of the rest of us can, so as much as I hate to ask you to do this, would you please be the front? Ivan and I can be just behind you and on either side, ready to rush in for melee combat at the first chance we get. David and Cloaked Guy (Vorin), do you guys want to stand a bit farther back? This way, the three of us can barrage it with ranged attacks as it charges, then you two can keep up that assault while Ivan and I fight in melee. I think we'll want to kill it before it gets a chance to attack anyone other than Sven, as I for one don't think I could take a hit from it." As he talked, Psyre felt his fear begin to ebb. They could do this. Sure, maybe Ivan, Sven, or himself would die, but they could certainly do this. 

As he walked to his position in the plan he had suggested ((he's taking Sven's right, just to clarify some)), Psyre adjusted his swords so that they would be easier to draw. Then, he stood at his spot, his arms outstretched toward the troll. When it did charge, he would be ready. There was enough power in the Runes on his arms to kill anyone he had met, so if he couldn't even give the troll pause, he would be surprised. Regardless, now was the time. He looked at the group around him and smiled softly to himself. Then, he looked once more at the troll. Fear once again swept through him, but its stay was brief. He took comfort in the group with which he stood. He might not have known any of them, but they were all about to risk their lives together. He liked these people.
Back to top Go down
Vorin Duros
Vorin Duros

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 11:16 am

({[OOC: Whoops, forgot about Psyre trying to talk to me. Gonna edit my post real quick.
I also realized that if you count my admin account, the four of us account for 70% of all the posts on the site.]})
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:43 pm

(cough cough, 100 feet away in a forest is a bit hard to spot, just saying, but whatevs, if you can see it, it can see you.)
'
"That's a sound plan," Sven said, fluidly pulling a round shield from his back. "I'll do my best not to die," he said, grinning. Running his hand over the shield, an eerie sheen seemed to come over it. Then, he walked to the front of the group, strapping the shield to his arm, but rather than taking out a weapon, he grasped the small shield with his other hand, closed his eyes, and took a firm stance.

The troll then noticed the group, and a roar seemed to echo out to them. It was no roar of any beast, but a true monster from another realm. With that roar, the beast charged towards the group on all fours.

David moved to behind Sven and slightly off to his right, and swung the bow off his shoulder, quickly notching and launching an arrow at the beast (280 (300 - 20 armor) damage if hits= 1720 hp left.) 

Then, the others would have their moves while the brute charged, running through the forest, hardly feeling as the arrow stuck its hide. It only noticed Sven and so it was for Sven that the troll charged, the anger in it apparent.

(Again, short post, I know, sorry. It's rough to do crap without a computer)
Back to top Go down
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:59 am

Ivan listened to the plan and nodded what Psyre was done talking, he watched as David and Sven took there places, He was confused as to what Sven was actually doing with his shield, but didn't let it bother him to much. Ivan took a place about 10 ft behind and to the right of Sven drawing his sword and preparing him self for the fight. Edgar stayed in the back, by the confused one and David, posing a last line of melee defense if all went badly. Ivan watched as the troll began to charge them and was amazed at how little  David's arrow seemed to do to it. He smiled and got in to a wider stance, ready to launch him self either toward the beast or away from it if necessary.

((It's short yes but, it's late and sleep))
Back to top Go down
Vorin Duros
Vorin Duros

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:10 pm

Vorin took his place near the back of the formation as the troll began to charge. As David loosed his arrow, Vorin flicked his hand and muttered an incantation, focusing on the ground just in front of Sven. (Using Shadow Rusher. AP: 180-80=100 AP remaining this combat.) A shadow rose out of the ground, a dark, wispy shape that seemed to be slightly blurred on the edges of its body, making it difficult to determine when it ended and the light began. Vorin had never actually used this spell before- he was fairly certain of that. The shadow's body was slightly transparent, as if it were a sculpture made of darkly tinted glass. There was no pause in its actions, though; as soon as it had risen, it was already rushing towards the troll. (26 ft/s, will deal 100 damage when it arrives at the troll. Not actually sure how many seconds in a round of posts.)
        Just as soon as he had cast the spell, Vorin shifted his position, quarterstaff in his right hand, and his left arm extended, ready to use his own fire rune as soon as he had a clear opening.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:50 am

The group followed his plan quickly and without confusion or issue. Much better than the people in the forest. Psyre smiled at them briefly. Watching David, Psyre froze in awe for a moment. The man swung his bow off his shoulder, nocked an arrow, and loosed that arrow, all in a single, smooth motion. He clearly knew what he was doing. Vorin had loosed some sort of spell, but Psyre couldn't identify what it was. Maybe he'd try to find out once they had won. Though, judging from how little the arrow had done, he wasn't quite as sure as he had been. David was clearly a trained archer, and if his shot had done nothing, perhaps the situation was a bit more dire than Psyre had guessed. 

Sven was bracing his shield with both hands, prepared to take the troll's charge. Well. Psyre certainly hoped he was, anyway. There didn't seem to be any realistic way to stop the troll before it got to them, so they had to count on Sven to take the hit. Psyre snapped his attention forward once more, watching the troll, waiting for it to be in range. He focused on the space it would occupy the moment it was in range, ready to release the energy stored in his Runes. The second it was 30 feet away, Psyre used both of his Runes ((400 damage each, - 20 from armor for each = 380 x 2 = 760 total damage. 300 AP each, uses 600 AP, 0 remaining in topic. Also, he is, of course, only doing this if the troll continues to charge forward. If it changes course, he's not gonna use his runes on the empty air... So yeah, the above is what happens if both hit)). As soon as he had launched that attack, Psyre stepped backward into a proper fighting stance and drew both of his swords.

Psyre had done all that he could from range, expended all his energy beyond what he needed for a normal fight, and now was ready for what would have to be a relatively fair fight. He had no more tricks, no more spells. But he still had his allies. They stood there, ready for the troll. Psyre grinned again, swords in hand, allies at his side and back. This was fun. Sure, dangerous and liable to get someone killed, but fun. He would have to go on more adventures with these guys. They made for good company.

((*Casually starts referring to Vorin by his actual name but doesn't edit previous post because effort and time*))
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:04 pm

(woot woot, speed posting without detail inbound. Combat only, no descriptions, I'm sorry.)

The troll buckled under the damage of the two runes (1720-760= 960 hp left). However, this did not stop the trolls charge, and as it was hit heavily, it also hit Sven. It's body turned as the runes hit it; a natural reaction to the pain, and as a result of such, it was facing sideways when it collided with Sven, and unable to hit the man with its tusks, the troll hit him with one of its massive arms, the claws of the best, each one the size of daggers, and razor sharp (400-20 round shield, -40 temporary shield= 340, 260 hp left).

David did not hesitate with another arrow, launching it into the troll the very second that Sven was knocked aside. The shield had been knocked out of his hands, and he was hurt, but Sven was alive. David shot the arrow (300-20=280, 680hp left for troll), and this time, there seemed to be a flinch from the beast, which turned its attention then to David. However, just as it did so, it seemed to ignore the strange shadow which then fell upon it (100-20=80, 600hp left.), and it roared, turning towards the source. The troll turned in a full circle, searching for the many sources of pain, giving an opportunity for an attack, and finally rested again on David, preparing to charge once more.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Ivan watched as the runes and spells slammed into the troll. These unlike the arrow actually seemed to have an affect on the beast. But they didn't stop it the giant beast, it still charged at them and it hit Sven with much force. Ivan was worried that it might have hurt the courageous man. circling slightly around the monster Ivan raised his sword yelled out, "For the West!" and charged the troll. He stabbed at the troll's side with his sword (353 damage if it hits) after the strike Ivan quickly tried to retreat away from the troll attempting to get out of it's reach, in doing so he almost his balance, but managed to remain on his feet if slightly off a balance a bit. 

((Short yes but me is tired and didn't want to be 48ed.))
Back to top Go down
Vorin Duros
Vorin Duros

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Vorin watched in awe as Psyre blasted the troll with twin explosions of flame, staggering but not stopping its charge. His expression changed to dismay as the troll shrugged of his shadow rusher and smashed into Sven, tearing through his shield(s?) and nearly toppling him. That looked like it hurt. A lot. Vorin drew back as the combat turned into a melee, with Ivan lashing out with a vicious strike and some sort of battle cry. Vorin paused on the edge of the combat, unsure of what to do. He wasn't going to anything but get himself killed if he tried to use his staff. Should he wait, then, and react to whatever he needed to? He didn't want to look like a coward, but that's what he was doing right now, staying away for fear of his own life. He still had a rune, however, and a spell. Trying to inspire some courage into himself, he leaped to his left, finding an opening in the sort of circle that had formed around the troll [at least this is what I picture], and threw a spell at the beast. (Casting Lesser Disruption, will deal 60 damage upon impact in about less than .25 seconds- provided I am no more than 50 ft. from the troll. 100-20 AP = 80 AP remaining this topic.) It would do less than the shadow, but it was at least something that Vorin could do. He could feel the blood pumping in his ears. Every instinct of his was telling him to turn tail and run, even though he knew that he had nothing to fear. The others might be hurt or killed, but he was safe, and the beast would almost certainly die soon. He firmly planted his feet and faced the beast, preparing to use his runes next, forcing himself to stand strong.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:53 pm

((Hey guys, so sorry I haven't posted.... wifi issues, making sure I'm all set for college, and AP self-study have not been conducive to actually getting on here... I should maybe hopefully be able to post tonight. I'm working on it.))
Back to top Go down
Vorin Duros
Vorin Duros

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 5:16 pm

({[48ing everyone else just to get a few more words for phys. attributes]})
The disrupted air struck the troll, doing hardly more than ruffling its fur. Had Vorin known how effective the spell was supposed to be, he might have been more unnerved by the strength of the troll; instead, he simply made a mental note that it was not for desperate situations. (60-20=40 damage from lesser disruption, troll is at 560 hp.) Vorin wasted no time, however, and focused on the dark earth in front of him, calling up another shadow. It seemed to be somewhat more effective than the disruption, and as much as Vorin was scared facing the troll, he had a lot of fun using the spell. (Casting Shadow Rusher again-I think I can do this- 80AP-80AP=0AP remaining this topic. Shadow will deal 100 damage on impact). He watched the shadow rise from the ground, leaping at its target. He smiled a little, and felt almost powerful, knowing that he could command the world in a way that most could not.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 5:31 pm

((Hey guys, sorry I took so long to post, here it finally is. Combat only, but whatever...))

The runes, arrow, and strange shadow beast took their toll on the troll, but it continued to hurtle forward, like some kind of demonic projectile. Sven took the assault, but it was clear that most of the damage had been soaked up by his own body, rather than the shield. Psyre followed Ivan's suit, yelling and rushing in with his weapons. The arrow and blast of magic flew past him, but Psyre didn't slow at all. As his right foot landed, he was turning into the first swing, slashing at the troll with the sword in his right hand (340 damage if it hits). The tip of Psyre's second sword flashed from under his right arm as he thrust at the troll's torso (again, 340 if it hits). 

((Yeah, sorry it took so long for such a short and bad post, but now I have regular wifi again, so wooh))
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Troll overkill = fatality.

The massive beast dropped dead on the ground, and Sven winced as he pulled himself to his feet. The two hunters slowly approached the corpse, to ensure the beast was certainly dead.

"That was impressive," Sven said, raising an eyebrow, trying not to appear injured. "You lot hit harder than I expected."

"I agree," David said next, looking particularly at Psyre, as he alone dealt the majority of the damage, through the two devastating runes and the two swords he carried. "Though," he said, reaching into his cloak to take out three coins, which seemed to be simple silver and were strangely large. "I wish I had more to offer you then these simple mementos," he said, offering out his hand to the group.

"After watching each of you fight, I thank you," he continued. "I doubt the two of us alone could have finished the monster."

"Aye," Sven nodded. "I don't think I can take a hit that hard for a month or so, after that. I owe you lads my life."

(Sorry for the short post. It will take me a bit to get back into the characters of these two. I also appologize for not coloring the speech, but hey, life goes on.)
Back to top Go down
Vorin Duros
Vorin Duros

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Vorin thanked David as he took the coin and turned it over in his hand. It had a sort of symbol embossed in bronze on one side- an eagle, Vorin noticed. He wondered where David acquired such an interesting token. He slipped it into his pocket, then turned to face the troll. It had been quite a fight, although it didn't last very long. He made a note to himself to never get on Psyre's bad side. 
        Vorin finally got a good look at the troll. It had a big, heavy body, with claws something like a bear's on its hand and feet. It had been singed by the blaze, but not so burnt- perhaps its fur was somewhat fire resistant. Its face was covered in thick fur and matted blood. A pair of lifeless eyes stared frighteningly from the corpse. Before he drew away, Vorin noticed that one of he tusks he been knocked loose in the combat. He stooped and pulled it from the jaw. It was eleven inched from base to point, with a sharp and serrated edge. It could make a nice dagger of sorts. Vorin remembered that he had once had a knife made from bone- some gift to him when he was young.He didn't remember when he'd lost it or how. Perhaps this could make a fine dagger, if Vorin could learn to carve one day. It was slippery with blood, and Vorin wanted to put it down, but, almost on a whim, he wiped off the blood on the troll's fur and tucked the tooth into one of his many pouches and pockets. He returned to the group, wiping his hands on his robes.
        "So" he began. "We've hunted the beast, and we're all still alive. What now?" He expected that everyone would soon go their separate ways, but perhaps there was more to do, and Vorin wasn't too sure what to do with himself. Of course, he had just slain a troll with the King of the West, so perhaps he might find some connections if he returned to that land. Or he could go further south. Vorin was rather unaccustomed to the cold, and now that the fight was over, he realized that he was getting cold again.

({[Not exiting yet. Gonna try to put words towards the earth elemental spell, but it still needs another mods approval. Hint, hint.]})

Last edited by Vorin Duros on Fri May 01, 2015 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Back to top Go down
Vorin Duros
Vorin Duros

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:36 pm

As much as he wished that he might stay, Vorin knew that he should go. There wasn't anything specifically that he needed to do, but he couldn't just keep dragging on through life not knowing who he was, even if he did go on exciting adventures and slay trolls. He had known who he was once, and now it was time to rediscover himself. The memories weren't lost, merely buried. He knew that he could remember, if only he tried hard enough. Things were coming back, bit by bit. Vorin hoped that soon he would have to piece together bits and pieces here there to try to remember who he was. He envied those ordinary people who could go about life knowing who they were, that no matter how lost they'd be they'd always have them self, at least. He didn't really care if his life had been terrible, right now he only wanted to know who he was, to remember. In all likelihood, he realized, it probably was some traumatic event that brought about his amnesia in the first place. That, or some lame head injury when he tripped on the stairs. But even if that was the case, there was some mystery behind how he arrived in the harbor alone on a ship. Vorin liked mysteries, but not for their cryptic mysteriousness, no, he liked to wonder what their answers were, and then figure them out himself.
        So, after a few pats on the back, and goodbyes, Vorin turned away from the group and headed back across the river. They weren't final goodbyes; of that Vorin was certain. He would bump into these fellows sometime again. He might stay in the North awhile- it was nice, even if it was so cold.
        As Vorin crossed back over the river, this time taking the path that he had seen Psyre use earlier, he heard the laughs and cheers of the others over his shoulder [I'm assuming you guys are just standing around laughing, hooting, and making other unintelligible noises]. The voices soon faded away as Vorin walked off into the forest. It would still be a ways before he would reach the Northern Town, and he braced himself for the cold.

({[Requesting Exit. 1,894 words, putting all towards Summon Yaoguai, 1,606 left. 37 attribute points, adding 12 to dexterity and 25 to health. ]})
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:55 pm

(Alrighty, approved.)
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) EmptyFri May 29, 2015 4:13 am

((Okay, I have no clue whatsoever what was going on here, and I don't want to read through everything again, as I'm exhausted, but I also need to reply. So sorry about that, guys.))

Psyre breathed out a huge sigh of relief as the troll fell. As David offered him a coin, Psyre sheathed his swords and smiled at David. "Thank you for your expertise and help. You two," he said, now glancing over at Sven as well, "are probably the only reason we all came out of this alive. If it weren't for your knowledge and assistance, I doubt we would have had any chance." Psyre took the coin and slid it into his bag, feeling the pattern on one side, but without spending much time at all looking at it. He didn't want to seem like he was evaluating the gift's worth. The man had given him a gift, and he would it accept it graciously, regardless of whether it was completely worthless or a priceless treasure. "And thank you for your gift. I don't have anything to give you in return, but if I see you again at some point, I hope to give you a token as well." Psyre nodded at both Sven and David, lowering his head and eyes enough to show both respect and trust. Then, he slowly walked until he was standing directly next to the troll and proceeded to loot it, scavenging anything and everything he could find on its body.

[Exit]

((1889 IC words, requesting as follows:

Attributes (+37): 
+ 20 strength (150)
+ 10 health (72)
+ 7 endurance (67)

Craft:
1 Battle Axe (takes 1000 words, 889 non-attribute words remaining) (-4 gold)

Runes:
Finish inscribing Rupture of Flame on left arm (-200 words, 689 non-attribute remaining)

689 words to waste))
(Also getting stuff from the troll I think? Maybe someone else looted it. Honestly, I'm basically falling asleep at the keyboard, sorry)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)   To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin) Empty

Back to top Go down

To Hunt a Troll (Trolling?) (Psyre, Ivan, Vorin)
Page 1 of 1