Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
A New Found Power Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
A New Found Power Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
A New Found Power Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
A New Found Power Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
A New Found Power Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

A New Found Power

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krasare
Krasare

Glory : 1

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyWed May 20, 2015 6:03 pm

The Midergern housed vast jungles and many rivers. Krasare missed most of these sights during his first journey through Midergern. This time he was determined to see them. He had heard rumors of a beautiful waterfall in the jungles that dot the land here.

"Why is it so wet here?" Cerlan started complaining. It was really damp in this jungle.
"There's plenty of water in the area and the ground can't hold it all so it magically clings to you instead." Krasare said in a joking manner and laughed. Cerlan was right though it's even more damp than when he was in the misted area of the North-East.
"And weren't we heading towards the meeting in the town?" Cerlan continued without regard for Krasare's jab.
"The letter said two weeks so we have time to kill." Krasare retorted. "Besides haven't you ever wanted to explore somewhere you've never been. You've always been cooped up in the castle; you should see the world a little more before you get any older." Krasare laughed again only just remembering his companion's age.
"That's all well and good, but what if something attacks us? I can't fight." said Cerlan still in his complaining voice.
"I told you that I would protect you, besides there shouldn't be more than animals out here and most of them are timid creatures." Krasare replied. He then started hearing a sound. It was like a dull thunder that continued to rumble. "Do you hear that, Cerlan? I think it's the waterfall." Krasare rushed off towards the sound with Cerlan slowly trailing behind him screaming "Wait for me!"

When Krasare finally reached the source of the sound, which was deafening at this point, all he could do was look up. Krasare couldn't even see the top of the waterfall due to the amount of water vapor coming from it. Cerlan finally caught up to Krasare, hands on his knees huffing and puffing.
"You know... I can't... keep up with you!" said Cerlan still breathing heavily from the run. Krasare wasn't paying attention as he was still trying to find the top of the waterfall. Krasare gave up his search in light of a new one, a way to the top. Krasare looked around for an incline of some sort. However Krasare only found a shadow that seemed to be hiding behind the bushes near them.

"Cerlan, get behind me and take this." Krasare said as he gave Cerlan the extra short sword he was carrying and drew his own. "If need be use this to defend yourself." Cerlan got behind Krasare but couldn't seem to hold onto the sword due to his trembling hands. The sword landed in the river at the base of the falls and before Krasare realized it the sword was gone. Krasare gave a small chuckle. "No wonder you can't fight, you can't even hold a sword." said Krasare as he pointed his sword towards the shadow.

(OOC would like an enemy to appear, also something that is capable of disarming Krasare like a bear or something)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:41 pm

( a bear it is! Sorry if my posts are short and with lack of detail; I'm really busy these next few days, but I'll do my best to keep up here.
Gave it a disarm attack, and I'll avoid letting it kill you, because I might have made it a little too strong, but I don't know yet.)

The bear was not used to people, and therefore was both startled by the sight, but also curious if it were prey. They were strange pink things, not covered in fur like the prey it was used to hunting. Perhaps this meant that the humans were easier to kill and eat. That would be nice, the bear was hungry. 

Standing up on its two hind legs, the bear looked over the bush that it hid behind, and got a better look at what it was dealing with. 

Seeing Krasare and the other, the bear let out a low growl, dropped back to all fours, and slowly began to approach.
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Krasare
Krasare

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyFri May 22, 2015 9:55 am

(That's okay, all this story is for is to explain Krasare stumbling onto his power as a spellsword because he really doesn't know about his magical power yet.)
"Ahh, a bear!" screamed Cerlan, much like a little girl to Krasare's amazement. He really has never been outside of the city Krasare thought and gave a small sigh.
His attention went back to the bear that was now approaching them. Krasare held out his blade towards the beast as if to dissuade it from coming any closer to them. Krasare never met any animal that this actually worked on, but all the same Krasare was willing to try. After all what could a bear do to him when he had his sword.
(OOC His sword is being held awkwardly straight out making it relatively easy to smack the sword away from him.)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyFri May 22, 2015 9:18 pm

The bear looked at the steel held before it, and knew that it would hurt if it kept walking. Not lacking that much intelligence, the bear decided to get rid of the pointy toothpick.

With that thought, the bear swung out its arm, aiming to hit the sword out of the hand of the man whom held it.

If this worked, the bear wasn't too sure what it would do, aside from eat the strange creature. If it didn't work, the bear would most likely try this again, maybe a bit harder.
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyFri May 22, 2015 11:05 pm

The bear swung at the sword to Krasare's amazement. Combined with the power behind the hit and Krasare's slight lack of focus the sword flew from his hand into the river. Now Krasare was faced with a difficult match up. A bear that was at least semi-intelligent was coming towards him and Cerlan, but he had no weapon to fight it. Cerlan has started to frantically scream at this point.
"Damn it" said Krasare shaking his hand trying to stop the throbbing from the powerful arm of the beast. The bear was still walking towards them and now he had no weapon to fight it. Krasare looked around for anything that could be used to fend the bear off. Krasare couldn't find anything that would help.
"I need a sword. I need a sword..." Krasare started to mumble under his breath as the realization that he might die was setting in.
No I refuse to die, Krasare thought, I need to protect Cerlan. A warm feeling started to come into Krasare's hand. I need a sword, Krasare kept repeating in his head, I will not die. The warm feeling in his hand was growing hotter. 
"I refuse!" Krasare shouted. A fire as hot as his passion erupted from Krasare's hand. It took the form of a sword, but retained its flowing aura of fire. (OOC officially using Elemental blade: Fire)
Krasare looked at this new sword in amazement. In all his Known life he had never seen anything like this before. He pointed it at the approaching bear with a steady hand. He would not lose this sword he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyMon May 25, 2015 11:59 am

(Sorry for not replying yesterday. I should be able to get around to it today.)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyMon May 25, 2015 6:00 pm

(Don't forget to mention in some OOC thing how many action points that takes away, and how many you have remaining. This is mostly as a reminder for yourself, just so you don't lose track during longer battles. This isn't too important in this short battle.)

The bear watched the metal object fly out of the way, soaring through the air, and landing straight into the water. It was out of the fight, and left the two meaty food things defenseless. 

Then, however, one of them seemed to become very distressed, which was very reasonable, but it yelled. It was then that the bear saw a very recognizable form come into being; fire. The food held it out, and did not seem to be hurt by it. This scared the bear very much. 

Fire was a memorable element to all animals, and all have encountered it, knowing that it both provides heat and light, but also hurts if they get too close. 

The bear, knowing that it was very close to this fire, growled in anger, and backed up a few feet, in order to avoid being burned.
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyMon May 25, 2015 7:22 pm

(OOC 310/350 action points (40 per active post))

"Is that fire?!" asked Cerlan more astonished than frightened at this point.
"I believe so, but it looks cool regardless. Now let's see how well it does in practice." said Krasare showing a small grin.
The bear at this point seemed to be a bit more cautious, probably because of the fire Krasare thought, and started to back away, though still seemed interested in attacking him and Cerlan. Krasare decided it would be faster to run up to the bear rather than wait for it there.
As Krasare ran up to the bear he brought down his flaming sword onto the bear's head. (OOC this would deal 100 damage on initial hit and cause the bear to catch fire taking an additional 10 damage each of its post turns unless the bear thinks to put it out on its post instead of attacking, assuming of course the bear doesn't somehow dodge it.)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:17 pm

(Just wondering, how much longer would you like this to continue? Do you plan on killing the bear, or having it run away soon?)

The bear watched the fire holder rush at it, and it roared in anger. It swiped out at the attacker, but too soon, and missed the target. 

Then, it was met with a searing pain (100- 15 from hide = 715 hp left.), and felt the fire sword make contact with it. The bear became too panicked to actually attack back, and instead backed up again, unaware that it was on fire, and roared once more at the attacker. 

It glared at the fire sword, making sure to keep it's distance now, and starting to circle around the humans. Then, however, it felt the pain on its back, but paid no attention to it for now.
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyWed May 27, 2015 8:15 pm

(Doesn't really matter what happens to the bear. You can choose whether or not it attacks them more. I also forgot the armor breaker skill from being a fighter. 270/350 action points remaining.)

As the bear was circling Krasare called out to Cerlan "Stay behind me Cerlan!" As if awoken from a daze Cerlan realized the bear was moving more away from Krasare and more towards him. He jumped and ran towards Krasare and away from the bear.

"Sorry bear no lunch for you today!" said Krasare a little mockingly towards the bear. Now that the bear has felt the sting of this fire sword maybe it would flee. If not Krasare was ready for more practice with his new sword. He held his sword ready to strike if the bear makes any signs of further aggression.
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:36 pm

The bear finally realized that it was on fire itself, (715 -10 = 705 hp left), and knew that if it attacked again, this fire-holder would strike again. Perhaps it had been outmatched.

With those thoughts, the bear ran towards the nearest edge of water, close to the base of the falls, and then jumped in. 

Looking back at the man who held the fire, the bear growled again, and quickly swam to the other side of the river, crawling out of the cold water, and shaking off its fur, staring at the human. If the human were to pursue, it would attack, but otherwise, it knew that the fire was too powerful.
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:23 pm

Seeing the bear truly run away from them Krasare decided it was safe enough with the bear on the other side of the river. No point in killing it he thought. He decided to try and think of a way to put the sword away. He looked at it curiously trying to figure out how to turn it off. The sword then suddenly sputtered out and disappeared.
"Hmm... guess all I have to do is think about it." he said to himself.
Cerlan came out from hiding after the bear went across the river. "Is... is it over?" he asked stuttering from fear. He moved closer to Krasare.
Suddenly the area around Krasare became much colder. A new light came from Krasare's hand. Cerlan screamed and went back into hiding. A long light blue rod came out of his hand. It took the shape of a spiral and came to a point about four feet from Krasare's hand. It loked much like an icicle.
"Cool..." Krasare said "I was wondering if there were more." He then turned around and noticed Cerlan hiding. Krasare laughed and said "You can come out now Cerlan."
"Don't scare me like that Krasare" said Cerlan. "Well shall we head back to town since we've seen the falls now?" Cerlan asked.
"You just want to be out of this "dangerous" forest." laughed Krasare. "But yes we can go."
And so the two set off towards Center Town to await the meeting of the rulers.

(OOC exit topic, 1305 words towards learning Two-weapon fighting: Strength which meets the word count required now, 10 points towards strength, 3 points towards dexterity, 13 points towards memory)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Found Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Found Power   A New Found Power Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Found Power
Page 1 of 1