Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Zanthro's Escape (closed)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cedric
Cedric

Glory : 3

Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:07 pm

"Maybe you will one day earn the chance to prove yourself to me. But that is not this day."

Cedric watched dumbfounded as Dandelion almost hits him with her stick, taking care of the bandit.

But that wasn't enough for the knight, and Cedric watched on amusedly as he sliced the body in half. I mean, three on one is a bit overkill, but at least it got the job done. Cedric turned around to see Psyre attacking the other bandit. Psyre seemed to get aggravated by Cedric's voice, so he just wouldn't speak allowed. He made eye contact with the other two, and motioned for them to help Psyre. Cedric was aware Psyre had told him to leave, and he would. Not right away though, because Cedric worked with more than three bandits, and he could guarantee Zanthro wouldn't give a shit about any of them.

He'd guess maybe one would be missing, but two would be pushing it. Suddenly, he thought of his dear friend Archea, he should find him. Cedric went over to Rowena, and bent to whisper in her ear.

"Psyre doesn't like the sound of my voice, but I must go find Archea. Tell the others to be on guard, we've been making a lot of noise..." Cedric smiled at his daughter. "Be safe, my little leaf. Don't be mad or distraught about Psyre and our situation. You knew from long ago I am not a good man. Take care of each other."

Cedric trusted the others to fight off the one bandit, and possibly one more if it came to that. It could just be they all decided to run off with their money to drink, but there was no telling.

He knew he may run into more bandits, but Archea would need help if that were the case.

He started off towards the end of the clearing
Back to top Go down
http://thermodymagic.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Avis almost flinched as her staff nearly struck Cedric instead. As luck would have it, the staff missed him and connected solidly with its target instead. She had barely time to step back before the knight was stepping in and dragging his short sword through the body of the bandit and leaving the man basically cut in half. The body slumped to the ground, bleeding and leaking guts. That was disgusting. That was REALLY disgusting. Dear god. 

Avis was aware that the kid, Psyre, was talking but was too stunned at the dead man at her feet to catch all that he said. Something about Cedric. And something about guarding each other. Fair enough. Avis forced her gaze away from the dead man just in time to catch a look and gesture from Cedric, telling her to aid Psyre. Avis gave the man a quick nod and rushed forward to aid the kid. 

Pysre had just made an attempt attack on the bandit who had charged the girl. Avis stepped just out of the two's way as to not obstruct the kids movements. She needed a moment to figure out what she would do.

But then a thought struct her and she glanced over her shoulder, back at the trees, as she spoke. "Hey Kid. Psyre. There are probably more bandits on their way. We need to be careful."
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

Glory : 11

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 am

The bandit's attack went off course as Psyre's staff slammed into him, and Psyre felt some satisfaction as a smile flashed across his face. Goldileaf wasn't going to be killed by this bandit. Then, as Psyre started to catch his balance after his rather rushed attack, he saw the bandit move to attack him instead. He considered using his rune to try to block, but just as he began to contemplate it, he saw one of the others move toward him. The other woman, staff in hand, was coming his way. Psyre, having seen how the group had handled this kind of attack before, was expecting that she would do for him something along the lines of what he had done for Rowenna. She'd come over, hit the bandit with her staff, he's miss Psyre, and Psyre would finish him off. It made sense for the group to cooperate like that, so Psyre was thrilled that one of them was coming over to give him a hand. That knife looked awful sharp. 

As the woman gave him her warning about more bandits likely being on the way, Psyre had to wonder if that was a more imposing threat than the one in front of him. The one with a hunting knife. The one about to cut into Psyre's chest. That one. By the time Psyre realized that she wasn't going to be hitting the bandit, it was too late for him to try to block, so he tried his best to use the attack to his advantage. The knife would cut him. There was no doubt about that in his mind. And yet, in his attack, the man had rushed forward, and that rushing may have messed up his balance. With the knife just about to hit him, Psyre turned so that his chest was parallel with the blade, rather than perpendicular to it. This would make a wider, shallower cut, with less risk of damage to internal organs. As he turned his chest and hips, he followed with hand, snapping his staff out at the inside of the bandit's right leg (95 if it hits) just as he was hit by the wicked-looking blade (82 damage - 5 from armor = 77 damage. 200 - 77 = 123 HP remaining in topic). Psyre used the force of the hit to turn his body the other way, whipping the top end of the staff toward the bandit's face (95 damage if it hits) (to those of you who haven't seen this before, I talked to the First Seer about using the quarterstaff with both hands, and as any of you who have done bo staff or anything probably know, when you use a staff with both hands, it's very similar to dual wielding. The two ends are almost used as separate weapons, so the quarterstaff -if used with both hands- can be used to attack twice. But not to attack twice and to block. Basically just treat it like two weapons, you could block with one and attack with the other or attack with both. Or block with both, but you can't use both ends of the quarterstaff to block the same attack, unlike when you're dual wielding. Okay, enough about that, sorry). 

As blood dripped down from Psyre's chest, he looked at the young woman (Avis), and said, "Thanks for the warning. That's really what I needed right now, a warning. Yep." Psyre didn't know when he had become so sarcastic and harsh. It reminded him of Cedric. "Oh, Gods no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be that rude..." Psyre trailed off as he heard people crashing through the brush behind them. A loud thump followed, and Psyre could only hope that it was one of the bandits, not one of his "allies."
Back to top Go down
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:53 pm

The bandit was hit twice before Ivan's sword found it's mark, when it did it nearly sliced him in half. Ivan stopped and turned noticing another bandit attacking from behind. He acknowledge Cedric's advice and followed the young women toward the new enemy.

Ivan watched as the kid was hit by a dagger, but he quickly retaliated with a powerful attack. At the same time Ivan heard crashing farther off in the trees. Looking towards the noise, Ivan realized that there was almost definitely more bandits in the woods somewhere. Turning back to the bandit Ivan charged forward, when he was in range and could safely attack he trust his sword toward the bandit (deals 161 damage if it hits. As Ivan charged Edgar circled around to the bandit's left preparing to swing his sword but not just yet in case he missed and hit Ivan. Edgar was slightly afraid, there was no telling if they were going to get out of here alive, and Edgar was afraid for his king's life. But he would stay here and do what ever he could to protect his friend.
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 1:21 pm

(48 houring Sadie, and ending this now. It's gone on too long, I'm sorry. You guys, feel free to be free, and do as you wish. If you want REAL adventures, and not some massive thing like this, feel free to ask either myself, or my character. Sorry again.)

It was as if the fist of God itself was really pissed, and really bored, and swung in favor of the adventurers. 

The tide swelled, and receded in seconds, carrying Zanthro and Quill thousands of feet in a matter of seconds, bringing them half way to the East within the hour (a trip that would take a week.) Then, lightning flashed, Thor roared, and Zeus pissed himself with fear. The Dragon commanded, and the forces of nature obeyed. 

What I'm getting at, is, all the bandits dropped dead. Boom, pow, bang, dead. Yup.

As Archea kicked the first bandit, it was like watching dominoes, as they all fell and bumped into each other, each and every one of the three breaking their necks on the way down. Yay.
Psye's staff went straight through the head of the last bandit, even though he wasn't aiming there and it was not sharp at all, it went right through. 

Then, with all the bandits dead, and Zanthro gone to the east, my job here is done. 

(I apologize if any of you wanted to keep this up, but it's been going on since the site started, and was too big and all that. Don't take the blame on yourself, it was my fault for cramming everyone into one topic. Like I said, if you want an adventure, I can make one for you, but this had to end.)
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Ivan Pendragon
Ivan Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:08 pm

((well ok then))

Ivan kicked at one of the dead bandits bodies, "well then..., well I have to be going, see you all soon!"

((sry if this doesn't make sense or something, i'm just done with this topic.))

[EXIT: 1385 words aprox. 27 points +10 to health +17 to strength, 1385 to Armor Experience 1028 words left]

Last edited by Ivan Pendragon on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:02 am

((As a general rule of thumb, we'll want to keep posting order for exits as well, but because Ivan isn't trying to interact with anyone else, it's basically no harm, no foul, so it's more fyi than anything else. And yeah, I think we're all done with this topic... It's been going on for like 8.5 weeks....))

It looks like you rounded up for skill points instead of down? Unless it was 1400 or over, keep it at 27 points. You can take it out of either of the attributes listed, or, if you have 1400 IC words at least, then the 28 is fine. Approved once that is sorted out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:44 pm

Archea’s staff did not hit its target, because, well, the target dropped dead before there was impact. After he stopped the swing of his staff, Archea heard thud-like sounds coming from the clearing where the others were fighting. Whatever happened to his bandit, it was happening to all the bandits, too. But Archea didn’t want to stick around to find out.

He knew he should probably stay to meet up with Cedric and Rowena, but he also knew Cedric now had business with Psyre that Archea had no part in. Plus, he just really wanted to leave – too many not-really-things-Archea-would-do things in a day. He would see Cedric and Rowena back at the castle, and as for Psyre, well, he would leave it to fate.

Archea booked it the hell out of there.

((EXIT: 2,861 words. 57 points.

@Psyre/Sam: Archea loves you. Don’t hate him. Goodbye and thank you for your time.))
Back to top Go down
Cedric
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Cedric had just exited the clearing as the bandits fell, right in front of him.

Oh, well alright.

Cedric shrugged slightly and huffed a laugh. He thought he saw Archea's form disappearing in the woods. He'd see him soon enough at the castle, Cedric knew how much Archea hated falling and he just somehow killed three while jumping on them.

Those guys must have really pissed someone off... Tribe Magic? That wouldn't make sense. Cedric glanced behind him at everyone's questioning and confused looks. Cedric had seen weirder, much weirder. He knew he had to leave for Psyre, but he had to say something at least. Before he left.

"Psyre, I know you're angry now. You need an explanation, when you're ready for one... If you ever are..." Cedric looked Psyre in the eye, giving a small somewhat saddened smile. "You know where to find me."

Cedric then turned back, and started heading back for the castle as fast as he could, wanting to give Psyre the space he needed.

As Cedric walked, he could only think of the look in Psyre's eyes. One of betrayal and hatred... but also heart break. Ultio's face seemed to blend with Psyre's in his mind.

"I'm not a good man, I never was." Cedric echoed to himself in a whisper, shaking his head and clearing it of all thoughts. He'd throw himself into his work, even more than before.

He'd forget what it was like to feel.

Most of all, though, he wanted to stop feeling the cracks spread. He wanted to stop the feeling of breaking.

[[EXIT: word count 3,001. Points- 20 in craft, 20 in strength, 20 in dexterity also finishing guard training. I now have a trained guard, neat.]]

((OOC: THANK THE GODS OKAY, THIS HAS BEEN MY OWN PERSONAL HELL. You're all great. I really enjoyed this topic even though it was really long. If you want to write with me again, please send me a message or whatever so I know what to write in, Cedric would love it.))
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 2:14 am

Approved (Archea and Cedric).

((Psyre won't hate Archea, right now he's basically just unfairly blaming it all on Cedric and he's even starting to get over that, so whatever. Also, I'm gonna go ahead and 48 hour Avis and post my exit, sorry (I need to get the levels in for some of the other topics I'm in/joining, cuz dying doesn't sound particularly fun)))
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:15 am

Psyre stopped for a moment. He didn't even know that staffs could go through heads. He had been under the impression that such was simply not how it worked. They are, after all blunt objects. Entirely. There is nothing on a staff that even vaguely resembles a blade or an edge. And yet, somehow, he had just broken through the bandit's head with his staff. That was cool. Once he got past the confusion and revulsion, he couldn't help but think that it was pretty cool. Nasty, weird, and terrible, but cool. He grinned to himself, feeling all too impressed by his own work.

Not that it had been entirely his work, of course. The others had actually probably done more than he had, but he still felt some satisfaction because of the bandit that he had killed. He felt even better because they had all worked together and managed to overcome a terrifying obstacle. Collaboration like that reminded him of the days in the tribe. Everyone worked together for the sake of everyone else, and as a result, everyone profited. But apparently, that system wasn't good enough for the rest of the world. Psyre knew it was. They just hadn't had a chance to experience it yet. Once they did, they'd change their minds and bring back that way of living. He knew it. So now, someone just had to bring that way of life to people around the world and show them how good life could be. Psyre silently vowed to himself that he would do so.

Psyre was startled from his contemplation by a familiar voice. One that sent shivers down his spine and hot blood rushing through his body. He could barely make out the words Cedric said over the sound of his own beating heart and rushing blood. Yes, I know where to find you, he thought. I know just where to find you, you lying scum. And one day, you're going to regret that fact. His blood practically boiling, Psyre tried to calm down. He took deep breaths and even sat, trying to purge himself of the rampant emotions. 

It took some time, but finally, Psyre's head had cleared enough that he could open his eyes without seeing red. Actually, he was fairly emotionless, everything carefully walled away somewhere in his head. At some point, he'd pull those out and consider them at length, but they weren't helpful at the moment. He looked around at the dead bandits strewn across the ground as though by a hammer slamming down on them. A hammer that had hit the bandits and not his small group. And yet, their armor and weapons seemed to be in good condition. Psyre looked down at his meager "armor" and weapon. Then, he recalled all his training with them and what they meant to him. The staff was a symbol of his role in the tribe, and the robes bore upon them fur from each of his greatest hunts. He wouldn't replace those. The quarterstaff in memory of his tribe and the robes out of respect for the Wild.

Nonetheless, they looked like they might have some useful things, so Psyre looted the bodies for everything other than arms and armor. And, when he saw a bow on one of them, he changed his mind. He still needed a bow, and this seemed like a great chance to get one. So he picked it up. He looked once more at the carnage around him and felt elation, hatred, anger, and disappointment all flow through him. At first, he was proud of how they had fared, but then he noticed that Zanthro was not among the bodies. No, Zanthro was nowhere to be seen. Psyre ran back to the shore, where he saw one boat fewer than there had been.

He turned around and began walking, though to where, he had no clue. He had to get stronger. Then, he would chase Zanthro down and kill him. Some day. Psyre held his staff and used it as a walking stick as he began what he believed would be a long sojourn. He planned to stay in the forest and perhaps cross the River. In the true Heart of the North, not some city that had warm houses and books. Though, he did need books. He had a lot of learning to do about his own people. He turned once more, setting off for the city and the wealth of knowledge that he hoped it contained.

[Exit]
((IC words = 4134 (82 attribute points)
Requesting: 
+42 Health (62)
+40 Endurance (60)

2819 words to finish learning Dualist (1315 usable words remaining)
1000 words to learn Lesser Two Weapon Fighting (315 usable words remaining)
315 words to waste.

+50 gold and one shortbow from looting bandits))
Back to top Go down
Cedric
Cedric

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:22 am

Psyre's exit Approved.

((Also rip Cedric right now.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Avis was just twisting around to help Psyre when, well, the kid's staff went straight through the bandit's head...which was 1. not normal and 2. totally disgusting. The other bandits too had just suddenly dropped dead for no reason at all. Not that she was complaining. 

Avis walked over to nudge the dead bandit with her toe.

"Well then." 

[Exit]
(words=2347 (47 attribute points))

Requesting:
+18 to Health
+16 to strength
+ 13 to dexterity
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zanthro's Escape (closed)   Zanthro's Escape (closed) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zanthro's Escape (closed)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3