Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
Weak Mounted Charge Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Weak Mounted Charge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Weak Mounted Charge Empty
PostSubject: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Name: Weak Mounted Charge
Skill or Spell: Spell

Category: The Fighter
Class: Raider only
Type: normal

Effect: Can only be used while mounted. Upon casting, the caster seems to grow in strength.

The next melee attack (not including any melee ranged spells or runes, unless they directly affect the weapon, and do not deal direct damage) that the raider would land (after the use of the spell) gains bonus damage equal to the speed that the mount is currently moving at when the attack hits. EX: If you are on a charger horse (75 ft/s max), and moving at max speed, the next attack would deal a bonus 75 damage.

Action Cost: 50
Memory Slots: 4
Patience Required: 45
Word Count to Learn: 800

Last edited by Nahk Guul on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raedahk Seer
Administrator
Administrator
Raedahk Seer

Glory : 5
Location : Wherever I choose to wonder, over dunes, far over yonder

PostSubject: Re: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Maybe lower the action cost. The spell isn't very powerful (equivalent to +20% base damage on one attack for a light lance, so it could probably cost about 5 action points.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

Glory : 11

PostSubject: Re: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Instead of thinking about it as a proportion (because, honestly, 6/5 isn't much compared to 1), if one thinks about it in raw damage, lesser empowerment costs 6 times as much as this does to deal (generally) 25 less damage. Lesser empowerment is more adaptable, sure, but 1/6 the cost for 3/2 the effect means the cost/effect ratio is nine times better. Which is a lot. I'm actually not sure where I want to go with this just yet, but I don't think I like making it cheaper. I'm just looking at how much additional damage you get for such a small cost... I also think a higher Patience requirement (maybe circa 50?) would make sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Kicked action cost up to 50, and patience up to 45. Didn't bring it all the way, because lesser empowerment only requires 30, but also 60 action cost, so boosted patience by 15 and kept action cost to slightly less than lesser.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:42 am

Looking good! Now we just have to deal with the super nitty-gritty stuff for this: would the "next attack" be limited to a melee attack? Limited to just attacks with weapons? Essentially, can this bonus apply to arrows shot from a bow, thrown projectiles, runes, spells, and so on? Where are those lines drawn? And okay, cool, I think that's probably good for the costs. Maybe hopefully. 

On an only marginally related note, I'm seeing some pretty nasty ways for the way the lances scale with speed to be totally abused. Leg runes that increase speed or something like that on mounts could translate into not only the speed bonus, which is already very powerful, but also a huge damage increase. So that should be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Edited to only include melee attacks with weapons, not including melee runes or spells unless they affect the weapon's damage rather than dealing direct damage.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Approved from me
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:18 pm

And approved. Ill move it in.
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weak Mounted Charge   Weak Mounted Charge Empty

Back to top Go down

Weak Mounted Charge
Page 1 of 1