Kings and Queens of Runes - RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique RPG, with many different and new ideas based off of more traditional roleplaying games, such as D&D. Start your own adventure in a world where each person has magical abilities and talents, and a strange written language known as Runes are found.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Copyright
Kings and Queens of Runes © The First Seer©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, The First Seer, Raedahk Seer, Asmund Seer and all related topic and forum creators. The ideas of this game are entirely unique and original. Information and content may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics, posts, or game ideas without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
A special thanks to Forumotion, for hosting the site and allowing it to be completely free, and to the NRPG for the inspiration behind creating this site.
Current King/Queens
  • The North: None
  • The West: None
  • The East: None
  • North-East: None
  • South West: None
  • South East: None

Latest topics
» Site is not dead
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

» Cell 3
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

» Attribute Blade
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

» Delaine
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

» Cell 1
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

» Saving the Site (Adventure)
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

» Cell 2
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

» Mouse Form
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm

» Jorgan
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

» Long Sword
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

» Flanged Mace
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 pm

» Dark Full Plate
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby Raedahk Seer Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

» Blackguard
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 pm

» REVAMP
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 pm

» Tree Top Scenes (Open to all)
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby Krasare Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm

» Rules Overview
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

» Characters
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

» Classes, Skills, and Spells
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

» Non-Character Creation
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 pm

» Attributes
A Journey Into The Mist Emptyby The First Seer Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

A Journey Into The Mist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krasare
Krasare

Glory : 1

A Journey Into The Mist Empty
PostSubject: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:48 am

The Misted Bluff was well named thought Krasare. Even if he used maps to travel, a map would not help him if he couldn’t see any landmarks. He couldn’t even see ten feet out in front of him. The mist was taking its toll on Krasare both mentally and physically. Krasare was starting to get drenched in water due to the amount of time he is spending in the mist. If Krasare had any sense of direction, he would’ve lost it a long time ago. He had to admit that he was lost. Even more so than when he went exploring vast forests. The only thing that might guide him back out of the mist was that he was trying to walk in as straight in a line as possible since he entered the mist. Supposedly he would be able to get back just by going backwards. However, as most people know if you just walk blindly you never walk in a straight line, even more so when you can’t see anything along the way.

If there was any hope of Krasare finding his way out of the mist easily it was dashed as he ran into a cliff face.

“Dammit” was all Krasare said as he was thinking much more colorful words. Now he had to deviate from his supposed line of travel. The only good news was that as long as he stayed along the cliff face he would maybe find a cave to rest in until the mist disappeared.

His luck seemed to have turned as he found a cave walking a little along the cliff face. The cave was dark and dank as to be expected from a cave found in such a wet area.

“I could stay in here for a while, maybe build a fire.” He said talking to himself. Oh wait, he thought, all the wood here is probably too wet to be used to make fire.

“Oh well.” He said to himself as he ventured into the cave since he was supposed to be looking for a teddy bear.
(OOC: would like a monster in here, slightly humanoid or something that could take a stuffed animal at least. Would also like this to count towards attributes.)
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

Glory : 11

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 8:05 pm

"I could stay in here for a while, maybe build a fire."

The man heard the voice echo inside the small cave and a wicked grin spread over his face. His first victim of the night had appeared. He didn't know why people always seemed so stupid as to wander into dangerous places for such sad things as this "bear." It really did confuse him. Nonetheless, people being stupid meant that he made money, and that was good enough for him. He slowly unsheathed his sword and waited for his opportunity to attack the first victim of the night. The cave was currently too dark to see, but he was happy to fight in the dark. It was probably just some silly townsman who had wandered in, and surely he'd be able to kill them in a single stroke.

((OOC: You just need to request the attributes when you exit the topic, copy paste all the in-character words (so not including damage, specifications about armor, etc.) into a doc that has a word counter, then put the number of words, divide that by 50, and that's the number of attribute points you get. You can also use the words toward one other thing (e.g. crafting, learning a skill, spell, or rune, learning a second class, etc. If you have any questions, feel free to post them OOC or PM me.))
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:09 pm

As Krasare went further into the cave his eyes adjusted a little to the darkness in the cave. It seemed that the cave stretched further into the cliff face than he first thought. Krasare was really hoping that the bear would be in this cave so he can be done in the mist.
Krasare now walked into what seemed like a dome. Krasare felt like something was wrong here. He couldn't place his finger on it. Choosing to ignore this he ventured on into the cave.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:30 am

((Sorry, just for my convenience, I'm gonna leave this right here))

Footsteps echoed softly in the cave, and the man waited patiently for a short while. Then he got bored. Normally, people lit a torch and he just killed them while their hands were occupied and they made themselves great targets, but that didn't seem like it was going to happen. This fool was just wandering into a dark cave with no clue what lay ahead and no light to guide him. So the man decided that a change of plans was in order.

He looked at what he thought was roughly the origination point of the most recent footstep, held his sword at his side, ready to cut or thrust in any direction, and charged at the spot he had guessed to be whence the last footstep originated, letting out a loud scream, but not swinging his sword until he saw some reaction. The moment he saw or heard one, though, he would attack without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:12 am

Krasare could faintly hear something further inside the cave. It sounded like footsteps. Not taking any chances Krasare drew out his sword and stepped to the side of the passage. If it was something small coming towards him it would probably go by without noticing him.
Anything that would be hiding in here is likely dangerous Krasare thought getting ready to bring down his sword on whatever seemed to be coming.

Since Krasare's eyes had adjusted to the darkness a little bit he managed to see the relative shape of a man running his way. Well at least it's better than a rabid animal Krasare thought. I could ask him about the bear. Krasare decided to put his leg out to trip the oncoming person.
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:38 am

The man ran forward, screaming all the while, but didn't hear anything. He did, however, see a silhouette shift a bit to the side. That had to be the one. He didn't have any desire to keep people alive, so regardless of who this happened to be, he intended to kill the person. He continued running toward the person, and once there, he swung with his sword as he ran past. The metal whistled through the air as it zoomed toward his target. He wasn't sure where on the person he would hit, but from this close, there was no realistic way he could miss or this man could dodge. (He'll do 97 damage, minus any protection from armor or, if you have some way to react, he might not hit at all.)

As he kept running, however, he tripped over something in the darkness. Already off-balance from his bizarre swing, he went tumbling. His face arm smashed against the ground, and he lost his grip on his sword, which slid about ten feet in front of him (Krasare is currently essentially adjacent to and behind him). Well. That wasn't very helpful. The man hoped he had killed the one who had entered the cave with that single strike, because on the ground, winded, with no weapon was not exactly a position in which he wanted to be for a fight.
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 11:02 am

Noticing the slight glint of steel coming from the moving person Krasare instinctively put his unarmed hand up to block his face from a potential hit. Krasare's instincts were right. Had he not put his arm up to block the person would've actually managed to hit his head despite obviously swinging randomly.
(OOC Krasare took 47 damage with 50 being absorbed by chainmail leaving him with 293 health)
"Well that worked." said Krasare as he was swinging his hand trying to ignore the stinging pain of the blow.
"Definitely not the worst wound I've suffered. Getting hit by a sword really is nothing when compared to being mauled by a bear or almost ripped apart by a pack of wolves." said Krasare in a cool manner as if the attack didn't even phase him.
Krasare walked over to the fallen person, putting his boot on the person's back so he couldn't get up.
"Now lets be rid of that troublesome hand." Krasare said with a slight smile as he brought down his sword to cut-off the man's dominant hand.
(OOC Man takes 100 damage and ignoring 25% of any armor he is wearing due to the armor breaker skill.)
"Can you please tell me if you've seen a stuffed bear around here?" asked Krasare again with a faint smile as he held the sword to the man's back about where the man's heart would be.

Last edited by Krasare on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:17 am

((Actually, the short sword also scales with dex. It has low scalings in both, so go ahead and add your dexterity to that 75 as well))
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:16 am

The man flinched away from the sword as it came down toward his hand, but he wasn't entirely fast enough. The sword bit into his skin, not severing the hand, fortunately, as he had managed to move his arm enough that it hit his forearm instead. So now, that was just stinging like nothing the man had ever felt. He looked over at his arm and screamed as he saw the white of his bone (he takes 85 damage, leaving him with 215 health). This guy was scary. Really scary. He didn't want to fight whoever this freak of nature happened to be. As the sword came to rest over his heart, he felt his breath catch. No way. This monstrous freak was there to get the bear? Did kings send their personal guards to retrieve stuffed animals now? Regardless of the circumstance, the man was terrified. And had every intention to save his own life. Better to get out of here alive and wait to be able to make money off of a victim who would actually be helpless. People who fought back were a bit too much for him. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I thought you were a b-b-bandit or a... bear. I got so scared that I wasn't thinking. I'm so sorry, sir. I think I saw a stuffed bear around there," he said, pointing deeper into the cave, "but I've been scared and possibly hallucinating. I'd really like to go get my arm fixed up, if that'd be okay," he said, looking up at the wanna-be hero with very real tears in his eyes, slowly dripping down his face. He had to get out now. The bear was just a stuffed animal, it had taken him all of ten seconds to grab it, and it was certainly not worth his life. He intended to leave, get his arm looked at, and start looting and robbing elsewhere. He didn't need to deal with people that could fight back. 

"Please sir, I'm starting to feel faint already. There's so much blood..." as he spoke, he intentionally shuddered a bit, making it look like he had sudden chills. "Please... I don't like seeing my bone. I want to see my wife and kids instead." The wife and kids. Those hero types had a soft spot for families. Besides, he did actually have a kid. Several, in point of fact. Sure, he was blackmailing their mothers, but the kids were his. What a great source of revenue. That had been one of his greatest ideas. And also didn't run the risk of getting his arm cut off. He knew what he'd be doing for a profession if he did, by some insane stroke of luck, make it out alive.
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:45 am

With a heavy sigh, Krasare took his foot from the man's back.
"Don't worry, if I had intended to take your life you would not have the chance to beg for it." Krasare said almost like he was lecturing the man. "By the way, you are terrible when it comes to begging. Anyone who is interested in taking your life would not care about your family no matter how much you beg." laughing to himself slightly as Krasare said this.
He looked at the poor man whose arm was bleeding profusely. Krasare knelt down next to the man and took out bandages from his pack. Since he liked traveling so much, Krasare had to get used to doing minor fixes himself with bandages and roughly made splints.
"Here let me see the arm." Krasare said gently lifting the arm so he could see the wound better.
"Now if there was only wood in this cave I could give you a splint too, but this will have to do." Krasare said as he wrapped the man's arm with the bandages.
"You shouldn't bleed out now at least. Don't bother picking up the sword with that hand. Get it checked out at the local doctor." Krasare helped him up to his feet.
"Now you should probably get out of here before something that IS interested in taking your life comes along." Krasare said slightly trying to scare the man out of here. 
Krasare paused for a moment and then said "Don't bother calling my actions pity, pity is to demean warriors. You are no warrior."
Krasare turned around and continued further into the cave where the man had pointed towards the stuffed bear. Krasare didn't truly believe the man's story about a family, but there was no need to take a pathetic man's life. What a bandit hoped to gain by staying in the land of the warriors Krasare will never know. Maybe he was an idiot and didn't realize where he was. If the man decides to stay in the cave for some reason Krasare would drag him back to town one to get his arm looked and two to see what the town makes of him.
Another shadow seemed to appear on the ground next to the wall. When Krasare went over to check it out he was relieved to find it was the bear he had been looking for. It was drenched. Its been in this cave too long he guessed.
(OOC Is there any loot here since the man was technically a bandit?)
Back to top Go down
Psyre Dragnil
Psyre Dragnil

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:58 pm

The bandit ran off the moment he had the opportunity, the remarks having no noticeable effect on him. He didn't care what people called him, he survived off their stupidity and inability. One day, perhaps this monster that had injured him would make a mistake, and if that happened to be the case, he would get the jerk back. For the time being though, he was just headed off to somewhere with fewer scary people. He didn't need that in his life.

((There is loot. Out of the kindness of my heart, I'll say he put all his stuff other than his gear with the bear, so there'll be a short sword as well as the following: 10 gold.))

[Exit]
((I guess? I mean, my role here is done aside from perhaps approving at the end; the bandit has run away and the teddy is safely in your hands, so there we go. If you have any questions about exiting or how to link this to your CS after it's approved, just put the questions in a reply or send me a PM and I'll be happy to help! Also, sorry the post is so short and crappy...))
Back to top Go down
Krasare
Krasare

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:18 am

As Krasare picked up the bear he noticed a glinting of metal. It was a short sword and also a pile of gold coins (10).
The man accidentally left his stuff Krasare thought. No use leaving the stuff here since the man was unlikely to come back. With bear and loot in tow, Krasare left the cave. The mist still hasn't lifted, but Krasare had enough for one day and just decided to plunge straight into the mist and hope he came out relatively close to where he came in.
Luckily enough he found a hill which led out of the mist. At the top of the hill Krasare could see the region pretty well. He found the town and headed in that direction.
Finally he thought this day is over.
(OOC Krasare is now exiting the Misted Bluff and heading to Lake Town. This should be 26 attribute points for Krasare correct? And I can use these points for any attribute this time since it was combat?)
Back to top Go down
The First Seer
Founder
Founder
The First Seer

Glory : 12

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:27 pm

I believe so. All your total words, not counting OOC comments, divided by 50 is the number of total attributes, and yes, you can use them for any and all attributes, divided as you wish, because there was combat in this topic. You also gain the 10 gold, and can (optional) pick up the sword and armor from the bandit. 

So, approved.
Back to top Go down
https://kings-and-queens-rpg.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Into The Mist   A Journey Into The Mist Empty

Back to top Go down

A Journey Into The Mist
Page 1 of 1